Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time to think...

Well while much has happened over the last couple months with hubby gone it has all gone by so fast that I've never taken much time to stop and think. So here is my time to stop and start thinking.

Last night was a rough night at work and it made everything come into focus a little better for me. Work usually is an exciting, frustrating, rewarding 8 1/2 hours! I like my job most days and am glad I became a nurse most of the time. And while some nights are crazy, hectic, busy and people can get on my nerves I've come to realize I wouldn't change my job for anything. The rewards of helping others is what I've come to love.

Last night I found out that one of my co-workers had past away. While I've only worked at this hospital for 5 months it was still hard news to come into work to. To make matters even worse last night was crazy busy. One of those nights nothing goes right, you are behind no matter what you do and you feel like you've neglected your patients. While everyone was doing their best you could tell the news of our co-worker was weighting on every ones minds.

So when I came home last night I sat up thinking for a while before I went to sleep. Life isn't about going to work daily to make enough money to pay the bills or it shouldn't be....so why do we do what we do? Like I said I like my job. It is rewarding in many ways and I am very lucky in that. But I could do better at my job....have more patience with people, help others out more often and so on. I could also do more in my life....spend more time with my kids, laugh more and enjoy who I am and where I am right now. You never know when it is all going to be over. So am I doing everything I can to have a full life? Or am I sitting on the sofa watching tv and letting those special moments pass me by? Well starting today I am going to start having more fun with my life and enjoy every moment I can and try my hardest to be better every day.

So this is me ranting a little and I'm done. But really couldn't we all try to have a little more patience and laugh more! What would it really hurt? LOL. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I am off to go play with my three little blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the videos. The kids sure have gotten big! Love, Aunt Brenda