Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Let the Swapping begin!

EXCITED! EXCITED! EXCITED! Just doesn't begin to describe how much I am looking forward to this new adventure of mine. For those of you who are just as tired of getting the mail on a daily basesas I am due to it's content (yes the never ending junk mail, advertisements and bills, bills, bills) here is a website for you. Here is a place to meet friendly new people and start making you look forward to going to your mail box again without having to spend tons of money! Yes I have tried ordering stuff from on-line to make to actually want to go check my mail....but people the cost is killing me. If I place another order at gymboree I think my husband may just disown me LOL.

So here is the swapping concept. You go to the website and sign up (absolutly free) and then you pick the swaps that you are interested in and join. They have swaps that range from writing letters, to burning music CDS, to sewing, to making ATC (artist trading cards), to you name it. If you don't find a swap that you like you can always start your own! I currently am in 4 different swaps! YEAH! My first to have just begin....my soap sway: I send a bar of my favorite soap to my partener (yes it must be a new bar people!) and my international arm chair traveler: where I write a letter about my home town, which I have also picked up some postcards to send along also. I am so excited! I can't wait to receive my swaps in the mail and make new friends.

So if you are interested in trying out this new adventure of mine please just click on the headline above or head over to my blog buddies and I will add a link there also. One swap I suggest is one called "Any soldier". This is where you pick a soldier who is overseas and you send him/her a care package. To your partner you send a picture of the care package and short letter explaining what you sent or why. This hits close to home for me for those of you who know me. If you would just like to help out our men and women in the military but not join the whole swap thing please visit the website www.anysoldier.com. There you can pick any branch of the military or even a certain group (IE from a certain state, base, or even search for certain key words like: dogs, crafts etc) On this site Military members volunteer to receive packages for a group of people and pass them out to everyone or whoever needs it. You will definitely find me there when ever I get the chance to send out a package!

Well everyone have a good day and start SWAPPING!

No comments: